The Society of Australian Golf Course Architects members are involved in all aspects of golf course design on new and existing golf course in Australia and Internationally.
Members Clients range from:
- Development Companies - consulting , planning and detail desing of golf developments
- New Golf Clubs - the creation of new clubs and their golf course
- Existing Golf Clubs - our members are the consulting architect to many clubs advising on upgrading, safety issue, tournament preparations
- Golf Course Operators - advising operators on matters of course design, safety ,upgrades
- Local Government - consulting , safety matters , upgrade of exting courses or desgn of new ones
New Golf Course Design Work
Our members are involved in the planning and detail design of new golf courses here in Australia and also around the world. Particularly in the Asian region where our members have a high reputation for delivering high quality golf course design.
Projects may be as small as a 9 hole course or well designed Golf Acadamy, right through to the planning and desing of 18, 36 or 54 hole resort, member and championship courses.
New golf course projects are typically tied in with some type of commercial development carefully integrated with the golf course – a design skill that our members can particularly bring to a project. Such developments may be a resort type with hotel facilities or large scale golf and residential type community with the golf course(s) providing value add to real estate values and also performing important recreational, open space, habitat and other environmental roles.
SAGCA members are involved in the design and construction of new courses right from the commencement of concept planning, the approval process, detail design, supervision until completion and opening of the course.